Katriel Stringpuller

Only put a character here if you use the character creation rules from the Rules forum in this section!

Katriel Stringpuller

Postby Kat Da Kit » Fri May 07, 2010 1:01 am

((For those that know who this is, I present my newest character... for those that don't, greetings and salutations! Also, I apologize for the epic length bio, but I decided to put a LOT of thought into this one as well as blood, sweat, and sanity.))

For Eidolon's spells, scroll to the bottom

Name: Katriel Stringpuller
Race: Kitsune
Facet: Martial Artist/Scientist
Size: Medium
Height: 5' 1"
Weight: 125 lbs
Fur: A very gently bluish corsac fox pattern/color
Eyes: Pale greenish blue with a hint of silver tones
Hair: Pure white with a delicate iridescent sheen
Planet of Origin: Altearth

Appearance: Katriel has a lithe and athletic frame with a small bust, strong hips, and long digitigrade legs. Despite having a fox-like muzzle, Katriel's elegant face can show a great range of emotions.Corsac Fox Form (72 cm from head to tip of tail) with scarf wrapped around her neck.

Clothing: Katriel's outer clothing varies based on her mood or 'character' she plays at the moment, but tends to usually stay on the flamboyant side as well as wearing some sort of headwear. However, there's one article of clothing she always wears somewhere on her body; a tattered well-worn black scarf from her master.

Personality: Katriel seems to be very eccentric on the surface, randomly switching from varying character archetypes on a whim, but is often very friendly and jovial no matter the role she plays. When she comes to a situation in which she needs to be serious, she still plays the part with a carefree demeanor. However, her behavior conceals her shyness and slightly checkered past, which has now been mostly forgotten but enough fragments remain that she knows she'd rather forget. If confronted with her compensation she simply says something to the effect of, "I'd rather play the part of the happy fool than the tormented genius."

Stats:
Race: Kitsune level 5
Facets: Martial Artist level 2, Scientist level 2
HP- 78
MP- 102
ATT- 1+1
DEF- 1+2
MAG- 2+2
SOC- 2+1
Styles: Fast/Dodge
Abilities: Doppelgang rank 4, Illusion rank 1, Sense Enhancement Rank 1, Bare-handed, Martial Artist Casting, Resist Magic, Repair Bonus, Device Building, Racial Facet Access 2
Advantages: Quick-witted, Weapon Master: Punchy
Disadvantages: Damage Magnet
Equipment: Puppeteer gloves: 2 level access each Martial Artist/Scientist ($200), Puppet Wire Weave Under-armor: Armor +10 ($200)
Artifacts- GIRTAB System: Stage 3
Money: (see signature)

Chi Arts: Strings of Puppetry:
Katriel’s style of Chi Arts derive their power from ‘chi strings’. Katriel’s chi strings are concentrated life energy from herself which is focused into thin strands and extended from the tips of her fingers and/or toes. These chi strings are then attuned to a particular element and used to manipulate natural forces around her to create phenomena akin to magic. The success and power of her Chi Arts are related to the amount of energy used and her skill with controlling her strings.

Puppetry Style: Dawn String Arts-

Dawn String- Solar Rise (Light Beam 1)
Forming her chi strings attuned to Light, Katriel sweeps her hands from side to side in a serpentine motion downward to entrap light within her strings. When she reaches a crouch and her strings begin to glow from being unable to fully contain the light, Katriel quickly spins on her heels before clasping her hands and bringing them up in a two-handed uppercut and releasing the condensed light towards her opponent as a shining tower.

Puppetry Style: Living String Arts-

Living String- Beautiful Weave Disguise Wrapping (Minor Alteration)
Forming her chi strings attuned to Body, Katriel wraps them around her target’s body or her own which branch out like roots into the body and clothing. The strings then allow Katriel to control and ‘puppeteer’ the body and outfit’s form to bring about minor changes.

Abridged Bio: (original 'Oh the Horror Epic length' bio here)
After recovering from a great world war caused by the greed of big businesses, Katriel's world entered a new feudal age where skills and the work they produced were the currency of the land. Few could change their fate without becoming indebted to another, which they ended up having to pass on to an apprentice to get by. Due to the separation of classes based on skill, lower classes began to regard the marvels being created by the upper classes as magic, thus bringing forth actual magic through their beliefs. The leadership class began to see the power of this new skill and so the gears of war began to turn once more...

Katriel was born in a small village, to a family of moderate skill ranking. His village was relatively small, but still held several different skill classes. His life was simple, and his aptitude for his family's trade very obvious even at such a young age. Katriel even showed an affinity for magic, which is what garnered the attention of the village chief. The chief was a man of high skill rank, being the designer of automatons for the feudal lord, however he had sustained an injury to his hand which prevented him from taking part in the creation of his designs. When he was only 4, the chief approached Katriel's family with an offer of apprenticeship. The deal seemed fair, and could be easily paid for by Katriel's family, so as expected they jumped at the offer.

Under the chief's tutelage, Katriel was taught the skill of automaton creation as well as some minor magic and self-defense skills. The lessons were difficult, but Katriel gradual showed great promise and began to develop his teacher's skill further. However, these teaching were not what they seemed and the truth of the matter was that Katriel's teacher had been diagnosed with an incurable and slow progressing disease. Knowing that if he didn't pass on his debt that it would then fall to his family or worse, he began to teach the most promising child he could find, Katriel. But this skill was not the innocent one Katriel had been lead to believe, instead it was the skill of creating battle androids. Even though Katriel's master had tricked him and he was angry, he felt obligated to be by his master's side to hear his master's final words;

"Katriel... I am sorry... I do not expect you... to forgive this fool... though I now think of you... almost as a son... if only I had found... a girl to teach... then you might not have... to endure what is... about to..." Katriel didn't understand their meaning at the time, but when he was called to join the military force, he knew all too well...

Once he had completed his military training, he began his work as the feudal lord's new tool, a battle puppeteer. Katriel's role was to create, maintain, and operate battle android puppets. However, in his first android design, he attempted to create a battle android which wouldn't need a human to operate it to escape the need for him to fight in battles. With great effort in both design and bartering for resources, Katriel managed to create Eidolon XAA-1. Eidolon was capable of both fully autonomous operation and magic, but was soon classified as a fluke since its mechanism for these feats could not be successfully replicated in full. Thus Katriel was forced upon the front lines of battle.

In the beginning of his battles, Katriel had to manually direct and control the ones he used, but eventually he managed to replicate Eidolon's AI enough that he could simply direct his puppets while cycling direct control between them. As he battled, Katriel and his 'puppet squad' gained several different nicknames. The first was 'innocent killer' among his fellow fighters, since Katriel would adamantly claim 'I'm innocent and haven't killed anyone', which was technically true. This nickname among his enemies began to take on a more sinister context, which lead to his later nickname, 'The Dark Kitsune'. However, 'Dark Kitsune' was mostly due to the fact that the suit he used in battle appeared as a kitsune when seen in silhouette at the top of a hill.

Later, whether due to Katriel's skill or simpley his nickname, Katriel was ordered to join missions where he was forced to massacre entire villages under cover of night. Katriel despised these missions and after his pleas for a transfer failed, began ignoring his orders to allow as many people as he could to escape or even sabotaging them. These actions would later create the opportunity for him to escape the military, as the enemy discovered these massacre raids and decided to send a message by destroying a dummy village with Katriel's squadron inside. However, Katriel was incredibly lucky in that the frequency he used to relay messages to his puppets warned him of the explosives. So he escaped with as many of his creations as he could before the dummy village, his squadron, and a large chunk of countryside were enveloped in a large blast.

Katriel became an outcast and began to wander the lands. In order to better survive and hide his true origins, Katriel turned his battle puppets into ones meant for entertainment. Along the way, he adopted the name 'Stringpuller' and a false past to help hide his identity. He managed to remain relatively unnoticed until he and his traveling puppet show settled down in a small village on the border of several territories. The village had a strange phenomenon in which most magical hybrid technology would overload, so he felt safe that he would not be discovered. However this was not meant to be and once word spread that the 'Dark Kitsune' was alive, several feudal lords began a siege on the small village.

Though he had not been there long, the villagers decided to protect Katriel as well as their village. With the strange phenomenon hindering their foes while at the same time boosting Katriel's puppet, the village was able to stave off the invaders for quite some time. Unfortunately, with the village completely surrounded and their supplies cut off, it was obvious that they would have to surrender or face death. So on a stormy night, Katriel decided to present a challenge to the invaders that he would surrender to the group who destroyed his last puppet. This ruse allowed him to create in fighting amongst the different factions as well as draw them away from the village.

As the sun was preparing to break over the horizon, Katriel was down to just his most prized creation, Eidolon, and was surrounded by his enemy in a gorge a decent distance away from the village. Every soldier was prepared to fire at Eidolon, but with Katriel right next to it they hesitated. If they fired they would indeed destroy Eidolon, but they would also kill Katriel and lose the reward. However, Katriel smiled as his defeat seemed imminent. He had set the stage for his final performance and was ready for the curtain to be drawn upon his life. Katriel shocked the enemy by throwing wide his arms and declaring that he had won before looking to Eidolon and saying:

"I'm sorry Eidolon, my friend. I wish it were different, but this is goodbye..."

Katriel a triggered an overload in Eidolon's magic reactor and looked shocked as Eidolon responded, "It was a pleasure, master... goodbye..."

In a brilliant flash, Katriel crippled the enemy forces as well as removing their chance of claiming the reward for their lord. The villagers all wept at the sight of the blast, both with sadness and with slight joy. They all knew they would never forget Katriel's sacrifice... but little did anyone know that Katriel's performance was not to be his last...

Companion:

Name: Eidolon XAA-1 (Eidolon or Eidie for short)
Race: Android
Facet: Mystic
Size: Medium
Height: 4' 2"
Weight: ~250 lbs.
Outer Shell: Mostly pearlescent black with silver accents
Eyes: Normally glowing blue, red during battle, purple when casting, and green while using ranged weapons

Appearance: At first glance, Eidolon appears to be a large metallic doll, which for the most part is true. His joints are usually silver while the rest of him is black. Where his 'face' would be seems to be more like a tinted visor mask with nothing behind it besides a single glowing right eye, the left lacking a glow except during certain instances. Upon close inspection, there seems to be a faint pattern of a circuit board over the core of his body and some of the upper portions of his appendages.

Clothing: Typically, Eidolon wears simple cloth clothes, such as a tunic, pants, and floppy hat. These clothes are also simple in color, usually being a natural drab color. If Eidolon does wear something less simple, it would be a bauble on the tip of his hat or some form of overcoat.

Personality: Normally, Eidolon is incredibly quiet, using single word responses, actions, and Katriel's often comedic explanations of Eidolon's intentions to communicate. While this habit of non-verbal communication might lead one to believe Eidolon has no personality, he is quite friendly and caring... albeit still very dull.

Stats:
Race: Android level 6
Facet: Mystic level 2
HP- 112
MP- 60
ATT- 3+2
DEF- 4+2
MAG- 2+2
SOC- 2
Styles: Precise/Block
Abilities: Weapon Hardpoint rank 2, Shielding Unit rank 2, Targeting Systems rank 3, Optic Resolution Enhancement rank 1, Biological Emulation rank 1, Mahoucite Channeling Terminal rank 1, Mystic Casting, Racial Facet Access 2
Advantages: Thick-skinned
Disadvantages: No-nonsense, Big Softy, Unattractive
Equipment: Reinforcing Outer Frame: Armor +5 ($100)
Artifacts: Double Cross- 30 dmg +5 armor redux (range pokey) / 10 dmg +10 armor redux (pokey), +2 Att (conditional) Selected User: Eidolon

Configurations-
Search: Optic Resolution Enhancement rank 1, Targeting Systems rank 3, Weapon Hardpoint rank 2
Destroy: Weapon Hardpoint rank 2, Shielding Unit rank 2, Targeting Systems rank 2
Heavy: Weapon Hardpoint rank 2, Targeting Systems rank 3, Shielding Unit rank 1
Snipe: Weapon Hardpoint rank 1, Targeting Systems rank 3, Shielding Unit rank 1, Optic Resolution Enhancement rank 1
Cover: Weapon Hardpoint rank 2, Shielding Unit rank 2, Targeting Systems rank 1, Optic Resolution Enhancement rank 1
Protect: Shielding Unit rank 2, Targeting Systems rank 3, Optic Resolution Enhancement rank 1
Balance: Weapon Hardpoint rank 1, Shielding Unit rank 3, Targeting Systems rank 2, Optic Resolution Enhancement rank 1
Decoy: Biological Emulation rank 1, Shielding Unit rank 2, Optic Resolution Enhancement rank 1, Targeting Systems rank 1
Espionage: Biological Emulation rank 1, Weapon Hardpoint rank 2, Targeting Systems rank 2
Scout: Biological Emulation rank 1, Targeting Systems rank 3, Optic Resolution Enhancement rank 1
Composite: Mahoucite Channeling Terminal rank 1, Targeting Systems rank 2, Weapon Hardpoint rank 2
Co-op: Mahoucite Channeling Terminal rank 1, Targeting Systems rank 3, Shield Unit rank 1

Mystic Casting- Phantom Calling:
Eidolon's magic was designed to only require an understanding of magic theory as it suited his ability to fill the role of any other puppet should the need arise and it eased the fears of Katriel's superiors over the potential of Eidolon going rogue. In place of spell knowledge, Eidolon uses catalysts of stone with spell programs carved on their surface which is crushed once successfully cast to mingle the stone with his spell (and to prevent its reuse). In the beginning they were only basic and focused on function over form. but when his purpose changed to Katriel's assistant in performances it took on an image befitting his name. Keeping this change, Eidolon now uses small animal statues of gemstone with runes carved on their surface as his catalyst and his spells take the form of said animals in their effects.

((More on the style later))

1x Teleport
1x Heal Damage 2
1x Storm Shield (see below)
1x Ensnare
1x Sonic Barrier (see below)
1x Earthen Guard (see below)
1x Impossible Trick
1x Synaptic Enhancer
1x Defense Boost
1x Flaming Weapon
1x Freezing Weapon
2x Heal Damage 1

Storm Shield (Wind)

MP cost: 20 MP
Effect: 1-10 damage reduction, 1-10 wind damage to anyone who hits you in melee for three rounds
DC: 2
Oppose: Mag (harmless)

Sonic Barrier (Sound)

MP cost: 20
Effect: Target gains 20 HP shield

Earthen Guard (Earth)

MP cost: 20 MP
Effect: 1-10 damage reduction and +0-2 Def for three rounds
Last edited by Kat Da Kit on Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:03 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Katriel Stringpuller-
Current Appearance- usual 5' 1" three-tailed Kitsune self wearing a faux black bear pelt for a hat and top, another pelt about her waist held up by a belt of bone, and bracelets and anklets of various fake bones and teeth.
Lvls- Kitsune 5, Martial Artist 2, Scientist 2 _ HP- 78/78 _ MP- 102/102 _ ATT- 1+1 (+3) _ DEF- 1+2 (-2) _ MAG- 2+2 _ SOC- 2+1 _ Stances- A: Fast, D: Dodge
Adv.- Quick-wit, Weap Mast: Punchy Saved by Chance_ Disadv.- Damage Mag
Abilities- Doppelgang r4 (4/4), Illusion r1 (1/1), Sense Enhancement r1 (1/1 min), Bare-handed (1-15 unarmed dmg), Resist Magic (+2 spell resist), Martial Artist Casting (14 MP/spell), Repair bonus (2/2), Scientist Building (10MP), Racial Facet Access 2 (Martial Artist 1, Scientist 1)
Equip.- Puppeteer gloves (2Martial Artist/2Scientist), Puppet Wire Weave Under-armor (Armor +20) _ Money: $0
Artifacts- GIRTAB System: Stage 3 (Active) _ Misc. Items- None

Eidolon XAA-1- Eidolon or Eidie (pronounced ahy-dee)
Current Appearance- 4' 2" Android self wearing a battered/tattered decorative set of full-plate armor with red accents like battle scars from a beast. His face is covered by the slitted and dented visor of his helm.
Lvls- Android 6, Mystic 2 _ HP- 112/112 _ MP- 60/60 _ ATT- 3+2 _ DEF- 4+2 _ MAG- 2+2 _ SOC- 2 _ Stances- A: Precise, D: Block
Adv.- Thick-skin _ Disadv.- No-nonsense, Big Softy, Unattractive
Abilities- Mystic Casting (30 MP/spell), Racial Facet Access 3 (Mystic 2)
Current Config: Search; Weapon Hardpoint rank 2 (10 dmg), Optical Resolution Enhancement rank 1 (+1 detect), Targeting Systems rank 3 (Precise +3),
Equip- Reinforcing Outer Frame (Armor +5)
Spells- See profile
Artifacts: Double Cross- 30 dmg +5 armor redux (range pokey) / 10 dmg +10 armor redux (pokey), +2 Att (conditional) Selected User: Eidolon _ Misc. Items- None
Kat Da Kit
Student

Re: Katriel Stringpuller

Postby moonstruck » Fri May 07, 2010 6:15 pm

Okay, I'll be honest. I didn't read your post after I saw the words 'kitsune' and 'female.'

Kidding. Okay, well, kind of. I think it looks just fine. Bio is interesting, I think. However, I don't have the final say, just saying that you've got my support.

Foxgirl! *Squeals with delight*
Name: Nick Sierra
Race: Demi-Human Martial Fox / Current appearance: Foxy man.
Current Race: Demi-Human Martial Fox (Level 4) Facet: Scientist, Lvl 2
Sex: Male / Clothes: Tool belt, white T-shirt, jeans, leather jacket, protective goggles.
Height: 5'9"
Weight: 168 lbs.
Facet: Scientist lvl 2
ID#: 752 Address: room 751
Equipment:
Custom mechanic's outfit (lvl2 scientist)
Bowie knife 1-15 / Mac-10 1-15 ranged / White noise emitter: 5mp to one target, 2 hand actions & 1 talk action. 1/1 Pounce: 4/4
Studded leather jacket 1-5 DR
Money: 0$
Lvl6 HP:40/40 MP:40/40 Atk:2+0 Def:2+2 Mag:2+3 Soc:3+1 Attack: precise Defense: dodge / Obsession: Donna E. Block / Temp.
moonstruck
Student

Postby Digara » Fri May 07, 2010 6:27 pm

This one here happens to be horribly obsessed with foxes, females get a 10X multiplier to thier appeal.

I know I've seen your name before but my memory's foggy, could you remind me who you are?
Digara
Student

Postby theprophetgamer » Fri May 07, 2010 10:18 pm

Yeah...I don't mind some length to a Bio, but this is STUPIFYINGLY long. Not to sound rude, but would you mind shorting it a bit? It would take a good half hour to read it all AS IS.
theprophetgamer
Student

Postby Kat Da Kit » Sat May 08, 2010 5:36 am

I did apologize for the length, but I do understand and have cut it down to more than half its length while creating a link that connects to the original in all its verbose glory. I cut down the prologue and a few of the transitional portions while keeping a few of the seemingly odd but crucial portions such as the last words of Katriel's master and Katriel's nickname, which I was using as the foundation of why Katriel ended up a kitsune and female. I do hope that it is of acceptable length now.

As for my identity... I am the one known as (this portion intentionally left blank for dramatic purposes) ^-^
Katriel Stringpuller-
Current Appearance- usual 5' 1" three-tailed Kitsune self wearing a faux black bear pelt for a hat and top, another pelt about her waist held up by a belt of bone, and bracelets and anklets of various fake bones and teeth.
Lvls- Kitsune 5, Martial Artist 2, Scientist 2 _ HP- 78/78 _ MP- 102/102 _ ATT- 1+1 (+3) _ DEF- 1+2 (-2) _ MAG- 2+2 _ SOC- 2+1 _ Stances- A: Fast, D: Dodge
Abilities- Doppelgang r4 (4/4), Illusion r1 (1/1), Sense Enhancement r1 (1/1 min), Bare-handed (1-15 unarmed dmg), Resist Magic (+2 spell resist), Martial Artist Casting (14 MP/spell), Repair bonus (2/2), Scientist Building (10MP), Racial Facet Access 2 (Martial Artist 1, Scientist 1)
Equip.- Puppeteer gloves (2Martial Artist/2Scientist), Puppet Wire Weave Under-armor (Armor +20) _ Money: $0

Current Appearance- 4' 2" Android self wearing a battered/tattered decorative set of full-plate armor with red accents like battle scars from a beast. His face is covered by the slitted and dented visor of his helm.
Lvls- Android 6, Mystic 2 _ HP- 112/112 _ MP- 60/60 _ ATT- 3+2 _ DEF- 4+2 _ MAG- 2+2 _ SOC- 2 _ Stances- A: Precise, D: Block
Current Config: Search; Weapon Hardpoint rank 2 (10 dmg), Optical Resolution Enhancement rank 1 (+1 detect), Targeting Systems rank 3 (Precise +3),
Spells- See profile
Artifacts: Double Cross- 30 dmg +5 armor redux (range pokey) / 10 dmg +10 armor redux (pokey), +2 Att (conditional) Selected User: Eidolon _ Misc. Items- None
Kat Da Kit
Student

Postby theprophetgamer » Sun May 09, 2010 7:38 pm

Yes, that's better. Thank you for doing that, really.

I'll gamble it and let you through. Just remember before you can use your Advantages and Companion, as well as take a level in Kitsune, you must pay the alotted RP first.

Passport Approved.
theprophetgamer
Student

Postby Kat Da Kit » Tue May 11, 2010 12:21 am

To my knowledge/understanding, the RP have been now deducted from my RP balance for the cost of the advantages/races/companion. Yay! ^-^
Katriel Stringpuller-

Spells- See profile
Kat Da Kit
Student

Postby Kat Da Kit » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:14 am

Updated with new levels!
Katriel Stringpuller-

Spells- See profile
Kat Da Kit
Student

Postby Kat Da Kit » Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:25 pm

Updated with new levels! Yay!
Katriel Stringpuller-

Spells- See profile
Kat Da Kit
Student

Postby Kat Da Kit » Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:58 pm

No editing to profile other than changing GIRTAB System's stage to 2... most of the changes are on the actual artifact.
Katriel Stringpuller-

Spells- See profile
Kat Da Kit
Student

Return to Character Sheets